🇺🇸 🇩🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇹 about us
Why a wikipedia for locally produced food?
The concept promises benefits for the environment, consumers and producers
Benefits for the Environment
Less food waste through information
Consumers will be informed what produce are available.
- Less food waste
- Less packaging
- Less energy consumption by food travel
- Less energy consumption by food storing and cooling
Benefits for the Consumers
- Knows where and how the product is being produced
- fresh and healthy produce
Benefits for the Producers
- direct sales results may result in higher income
- direct contact to the customers for getting their feedback and concerns
- improved engaging with customers
Locavores means eat locally produced food.
Locavores combines the two word "local" and the latin word "vore" which means devour.
The word “locavore” has been chosen for the word of the year 2007 by the New Oxford American Dictionary.